bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
Two turns to the left to unlock both doors. Or, you can change the option in the BC to include both doors when unlocking. This setting affects the keyless entry behavior as well.
Checked again with the same result: the key only locks and unlocks the driver's door... That action appears to be totally localized to the driver's door, with no interaction with the rest of the car's systems.

More observations:

- Getting into the car this morning, I hear this whirring... Haven't plugged in the fob or anything, I'm just sitting there... It's the CD player. I eject my Eric Clapton CD and the whirring goes away... For a moment. Then it starts up again.

- Likewise, I hear this really low-level hiss from my speakers as if they're on... I don't think they're picking up noise from like a bad ground or something. It just sounds like hiss from an amplifier when there's no input source.

EDIT: Looks like the above are built-in to the car's system: The whirring of the CD player and the hiss of the speakers appear to be part of what BMW calls "Radio Readiness"... I noticed that these noises are in sync with the START/STOP button's background lighting: when it goes off, the whirring and hissing goes away.

Whew.

I've got a lot to learn about these newfangled cars.

Last edited by bmw1racer; 06-15-2012 at 11:14 AM..
Appreciate 0