View Single Post
      10-05-2007, 12:18 AM   #43
Deutsch
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPower View Post
Your original statement was incorrect. BMW contributes to our GDP and provides thousands of jobs to the citizens of South Carolina. You can not put GM on a pedestal when BMW clearly contributes a fair amount as well (and is increasing their involvement in the US).

And your point that MB and Audi have their entry-level sedans priced below 40,000 dollars (while BMW does not) is incorrect and a very narrow-sided view. The 335i is significantly more powerful than the C350 and A4 3.2. In fact, in performs of out right performance, the 328i is very competitive against the C350 and A4 3.2 while starting at a smidgen over 30 grand. :wink:
Pardon me teacher; I already said BMW contributes to our GDP. Pay closer attention next time.

I'm not talking about performance for the dollar, we're talking purely price point, and the BMW is the most expensive, model for model. Secondly, how the hell am I being narrow-minded???? Just because I don't bend over to whatever BMW NA deems "fair"????? Sorry, I just don't play up to an automotive company because they just so happen to churn out some of the best products in the industry. Lastly and frankly, I don't care how many people BMW Manufacturing employs in 1 state. GM employs thousands more than BMW does and ever will, and hell that's not for just this country but the world. Anyways, I digress.
Appreciate 0