View Single Post
      10-10-2007, 09:52 PM   #1
JohnnyBighead
Rep
Drives:

Took a trip to the local dealer today...this is what they said

During my lunch break i stopped by the local dealership to ask around and see if they knew anything i havent heard on here. After they ignored me for a bit because of what car i drove in with and becuase i am not over 50 years old i finally got some help. (Apparently the dealership mostly caters to that age bracket. Here in Asheville, NC people are more into Subarus i guess.)

The salesman and i talked for a bit and he said BMW sent him to Miami to see the new 1 but he saw a black 128 and he was really impressed. He was saying that he was going to get a 135 when as soon as they came out. Also, he said that the 135 will be getting around 30 mpg highway and 35-36 for the 128. Finally he said that he was expecting the 135 base to list for 32,000. Also, he said that they were taking dumby depoists but no one had put their name in yet and i would be the first. He said i needed to put around 2k down and then update the order when pricing came out. He was saying that he expected they would get their first cars around the end of the year.

All that said, this guy was pretty uninformed right? He seemed to know what he was talking about sometimes and then at others he seemed a little off. What do you guys think about what he said? Also, is it usual for them to require 2k for a deposit? He said they already had 7 M3 preorders.

Anyways, i just wanted to see what you guys think about it all. Hope to hear from you soon!
Appreciate 0