08-23-2007, 02:11 AM   #5
menotakoala
Future Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: Civic Si Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneSkippy View Post
Ok, so I myself and not a huge fan of the orange reflectors in the corners of the headlights. My question is, should the euro headlights be a direct swap for the US car? I know there's no real way to tell, since the car hasn't come out yet. I'm just new to BMWs and didn't know if anyone had done this with previous models.

While I know it is illegal to drive without orange reflectors in the headlights, I'd like to be able to swap in the clear corner headlights for pictures, car shows, etc.

Thanks for any input, just trying to keep the site going :thumbup:
Unfortunately, the headlights will not be a direct swap for the US car. Because the Europeans drive on the left hand side of the road, the cut-off on the headlights are positioned differently. The cutoff on the US versions look something like this:
_______________/------------------_______________/----------------

European cutoff looks like this:
-----------------\________________-----------------\_______________

Sorry if it doesn't look like much but that's the best I can come up with on this board. Hope it helps. The right side of the light is higher than the left on the US cutoff so that it can illuminate the signs on the road on the right side. For the Europeans, the left side is higher because all the road signs are on the left hand side. So if you swapped a US version for a Euro version, you'd be blinding alot of people in the oncoming traffic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Motor Co.
Dear Joe, unfortunately, our service technicians were unable to reproduce the problem that you mentioned. Therefore, we will be unable to perform any work that you claim is necessary. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Appreciate 0