View Single Post
      11-03-2011, 12:33 PM   #149
hybris4u
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 1-serie M Coupé and BMW X5

Yes and I think the 270M look crap. Need spacers to look "ok" on the car. Not good looking just "ok". Would you buy that rims if it was not BMW? Don't think so... ;-) The taste is different. The 270M cost 1500 Euro without the lousy central europe friction rubber and 2200 euro with.. The original rims on the 1M is great looking though and that is a keeper for summer.

My BMW dealer do recommend aftermarket rims as he thinks they overprice their own rims. Funny isn't it? I know him for so many years so he is very open with me. He says they have never had any quality issues with aftermarket brand rims even on the M and Alpinas. Not talking replicas and low quality rims. Been running aftermarket wheels on my Alpinas and current X5 etc many years (winter tires) Not had a single issue. Rims are not rocket science to build with good quality.

Can also tell you that the continental you put on your car did get 2 out of 5 in the large winter test of tires in Sweden as a note... Crap on ice and snow. Made for dry and wet roads. Should be ok for German winters though.
Appreciate 0