06-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #1650
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by josemh23 View Post
Thanks.. Only problem I have is I'm not very mechanically inclined.. I'll guess I'll have to learn, but usually those "easy to install" stuff becomes a curse a lot day 😄
It's really a simple process in terms of what you are doing mechanically, my ER pipe came with good instructions and it makes enough sense. Again, can't over state how much faster it gets once you've done it once. Will probably take you a few hours to go slowly and figure out a few "problems" the first time you do it, but that's just the nature of working in a cramped engine bay. The only hitch I ran into the first time was unplugging the MAP sensor from the OE piping, but outside of that it was cake. If you get around to it and the directions are confusing PM me and i'll try to help out
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911A145 View Post
I have been biting my fingernails about the possibilty of the stock chargepipe breaking. I keep hearing about others who have this issue. I have an 08 with the 2 piece design and I run the stage2+ aggressive mapping daily and run the E30 mapping once or twice a month. I always jump on it and give it a healthy couple of pulls daily and I dont see any cracks, yet...

Been running COBB AP Stage 2 for the last 20k miles.
It's blind luck man, some people can run 18.5+ PSI through their OE piping for 50K with no issues, others blow theirs off the throttle body at 8 PSI. I'd just replace it for peace of mind.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0