View Single Post
      05-01-2006, 06:21 PM   #129
TENCHI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 G12, '17 E300

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeeBear
But you kinda already made my point or at least the point you were trying discredit. The point you took was about translation, out of everything I stated originally that was you only contention. Fine I am okay with that. Again for all those joining us.

My Quote Tenchi disputes

"PS Shim and Vlad, as much outrage as you might feel about the National Anthem being translated into Spanish is crossing the Line, remember that 2 small points. 1) The National Anthem has been translated in ever language in the world at this time. 2) The most important Book in a lot of people life the Bible (Old and New Testament) is also translated into every language of the world."

That is the point you are refuting. I stated for the record that many people, the christian church, were outraged when the Bible was written or translated to another language besides Latin. Do you dispute that, yes or no. If you dispute that then I suggest you look up the reformation.

Our founding father were Mostly Protestant but they were smart enough for the most part to try and seperate church and state. Yet it pressures outside that of that power structure that decided the woman shoud be allowed to vote, that Black's need Civil Right amendments to protect their rights. Our do you honestly believe any group of people in power willing give some it up without pressure. I grew in Dorchester so 24 miles is nothing if you want that beer. I still don't the get the DOUBLE YOU TEE EFF. Sorry my MIT brain doesn't register it.

ok, how about this...

Ok, now I see what you are trying to say. Yes, the CATHOLIC church opposed the PROTESTANT movement to write the Bible in the language other than Latin. Reason being? The Corrupt church officials new that their grasp on the masses would be weakened esp if they no longer had to depend upon the church for their salvation. This gave the power to the masses and away from the Church. But I still don't see how that is relevant to this situation. This is a country founded on ENGLISH. Why? Cause this is AMERICA. The Bible situation is a little different because in reality, the Bible has no reason for being in one language. As I have said, religion is beyond borders.

Please tell me that you get what my DOUBLE YOU TEE EFF now. lol