View Single Post
      10-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #37
Tony135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ‘22 Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abel_135 View Post
Post pictures tony of the full conversion I want to do it also but doubting between prior design kit or original parts the prior is a bit cheaper 2300€ and the original dont come with the rear axles I guess.

what wheels are you going to put?,get oz forgiatta they dont wheight anything and looks nice just my 2 cents.

Regards from spain.
Yeah, I didn't get the axles or anything yet but I may do that! I'm just in a rush to get this ready by next week for SEMA. The wheels I'm putting on will be a new line from ADV.1. You will see shortly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Hey guys, I just looked up the part numbers on RealOEM, and when I googled those part numbers, they showed the exact same prices. So they're almost certainly the right parts from a 1M.

What I'm wondering is - are these a direct retrofit? Or do they require some sort of modification to be applied to a 135? The previous owner did some mediocre-quality fender rolling on my car, so I was thinking about going back to OEM fenders... but with these prices, I'm tempted to convert to a 1M front end...
These are a DIRECT fit to the 135i. Everything bolts right up as long as you buy every 1M piece. The side skirts are made to fit the front fenders and quarter panels, so without those it won't line up. The front bumper does require new headlight brackets though. I'll post more about that once I find out from LT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135v View Post
Any idea If we can put only the fenders and m bumper on the 135? The sideskirts seem identical in the front end and I'm not going to touch my back end.
The side skirts will not line up. I'm not sure exactly why but I'm sure you can get them modified to work with just the 1M front. In that case maybe you should keep the OEM 135i and see if they can get the front of those to fit to the fenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmonet View Post
how much is the front end conversion on its own, if you know?
The front just costs whatever I posted previously. Paint really depends on your local shop. I'm getting mine vinyled right now because we don't have enough time to paint and vinyl and get it ready in time for SEMA. If you can manage to do what I said earlier in this post with modifying the OEM side skirts, you can get away with just the bumper and fenders for about $1k. Not bad at all!

Anyway guys, I should have photos VERY shortly. It's getting prepped for SEMA. I might debut it without the new wheels but the wheels will be on after SEMA for sure. We shall see. So much to do with so little time!
Appreciate 0