View Single Post
      07-27-2012, 03:09 AM   #19
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta
The 135i muffler is cut, so that 3" goes as far as possible, similar to 128i BMP exhaust. In any case, I like it cuz I get the flap working to quiet things down.

I think if one wants best gains its to cut up a riss racing full exhaust to fit 128i manifold.
Cut? You still can't change the inner diameter of the piping above stock except for the very inlet pipe to the muffler - the inner workings of the muffler would be restrictive unless you took a stick to it

What's the volume difference between flap and no flap? I bought my 130 with the golf tee mod done and it sounds amazeballs, i have no idea what it's like with the flap haha

Best gains would actually be a 3" in out straight through style muffler (nice and cheap) probably sound ok as the natural exhaust note is great.. Or a muffler delete (loud and super raspy)

Im curious about your exact setup? Is it a merge at the stock mufflers into a single 3" straight pipe? Or two smaller pipes merging to a 3" axelback?

I'd like to hear twin 2" into a 3" merge with a replacement res+muffler personally

The one i'm looking at is i think twin 1.75" (or maybe 2") merging to 2.75"

It's either going to be that or twin 2" pipes merging to 3" custom done
But i want the 2.75 because it makes it sound super exotic and amazing.. So i need to hear the custom one first lol
Appreciate 0