10-10-2020, 01:42 AM   #7
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
This is a 1M not a 10 year old 328... I get it but with that said, you can buy Alcantara in florida. Gulf fabrics sells it. Before you throw it away, you should see what it would cost to be done in alcantara? Looks like that one is made in Poland, maybe they have better glue than germany but it's possible that was made in 2011 and sat in a hot warehouse for 8 years (correction i see it was made in september 2014) and might not last 9 years now. That's why it would be interesting not just as a cost saving, but for reliability and coolness to have it done win alcantara. Just a thought.
Howdy Nacho,

I think this brings up the realities of owning an almost 10 year old car. Most of us, certainly including myself, consider our 1Ms to be both an enjoyable possession and to some extent, an investment. Many would like to keep the car in a condition that is as much "stock" as possible. My car is basically 100% stock, warts and all. But if my headliner goes, after reading this thread, I'd try to find someone to re-upholster it rather than buy a replacement part that is almost as old as my car, itself, for $800.

Anyone who would think that a 1M would be less valuable with a quality re-upholstering job done on the headliner, vs. putting in a 9 year old replacement part, is a nincompoop.
FIRSTM143.50