11-27-2014, 09:48 AM   #256
FactorX81
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i, 2014 Ford Escape Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
Not sure how they're getting more margin when people bring oe parts in vs when people bring oem parts in...?

Being by the actual manufacturer guarantees nothing. E.g. There isn't an oem thermostat for the s62 that doesn't run too cool. If you want to run at the proper temp, OE is the only option.

Glad the oem lottery worked out for you on this occasion. By no means am I saying that 100% of the time it won't work out-- just that it doesn't work out often enough that it's not worth the extra hassle for the savings, imo.
I think the point of this thread is the investigation of these particular parts not OE vs OEM. I don't think anyone disputes the fact that there can be differences in parts. However this particular thread's focus is control arms not thermostats. People have put in work in contacting the manufacturer to verify that these parts are the same. Distributors have put up pictures showing how they are identical. People who have bought and installed them are weighing in with their experiences. You are trying to discount that, why? You have no experience with these particular parts, you keep talking about a shop which has a particular policy that works for them but that still has nothing to do with this.
Appreciate 0