View Single Post
      12-09-2009, 12:48 AM   #27
Erik219
Statistical Consultancy (Medical / Pharma)
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
I've often found a direct coorelation between how men take care of their cars and how they take care of other matters in their lives.

Typically a guy who keeps a neat and clean car keeps a neat and clean house, is organized, keeps schedules, very logical mindset, etc. I.e. usually a Type A personality.

Whereas I venture that the person who does not clean their car likely carries those same habbits to other areas of their life. Might not have a tiddy clean house. Might not be very organized or scheduled in their life. Might be habitually late to meetings or appointments, etc.

Granted I am not a scientist, but in my dealings with friends and coworkers this theory has proven true countless times.
what a load of crap ...
With owning a business, having a wife, 3 children and a 4-floor house, it's impossible to keep up with everything...

-My clients get great 'clean' service
-I'm usually home every evening so I see my wife and kids daily
-My house is impeccable...

The car is the first thing that's left over ... I need to wash it now, I know, but december is always extremely busy for me.
So far for your correlation ...

PS: have you been able to calculate the R-square, and have you checked for multicollinearity? Were the residuals normally distributed (maybe you need to log-transform your dependent variable) and can you exclude heteroscedasticity? Furthermore, I advice you to run partial residual plots on all independent variables to make sure all correlations are linear. If not, include squared error terms or interaction effects...

edit: OK, maybe there is a correlation.... I might just be an outlier...

Last edited by Erik219; 12-09-2009 at 12:50 AM.. Reason: second thought...
Appreciate 0