View Single Post
      01-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #48
Rob@Cobb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i ///M Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterfan1230 View Post
So there will be different "maps" and if I want to go back to stock tuning the flash loader can simply flash the ECU with the backup it made previously? Making it completely untraceable to BMW?
That is correct. The AccessPORT will save your stock ROM when installing our tuned maps allowing you to go back to your original ROM at any point in time by uninstalling the AP. With an uninstalled AP, it can be sold and/or installed on any other supported BMW.

With the AP you can switch between any map we have or you have whenever you want. Drive across the country and fuels change, load up a map appropriate for the fuel where you are at. Run out of meth or race fuel, switch back to a pump fuel map using the AP. Very simple and quick.

We like to say that modifying your vehicle may void parts of your warranty no matter what. That being said, the AP should not leave a trace it was there once uninstalled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBilly View Post
Robb,

Will the AccessPort N54 application work for the 335is, Z435is, and 1M which all use the N54 but have different horsepower and torque ratings than the base N54 models?

If so, will it be plug and play or need a custom tune?
Initially not for the "is" models. I need to get an "is" model at the Austin location for testing. After that it will be supported as plug and play by the BMW AccessPORT. If you know anyone with an "is" in the Austin or Dallas area that would be willing to help out, let me know.

We are planning to support the new 1 series ///M and they will be plug and play as well.

Cheers,
Rob
Appreciate 0