10-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #34
mrgoochio
135i Coupe Owner!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
Depending on the gain setup of his amp for the W7 determines whether or not the stock component speakers can keep up doesn't it? I am pretty sure the amp is just a mono setup to drive the sub alone.
yeah, but if you crank it the components would likely tap out (apparent distortion and lack sq) a lot quicker than the subs.. which is why i wonder how loud he listens to his music. ive heard plenty of systems with only subs added, 9/10 times the subs drown the components to death

edit: after reading your post, im happy with what im reading. i have a set of components/amp, 2 12" subs in box/amp + headunit with all wiring etc. that was only used for a few months from my previous car.. really not sure what to do with it b/c ill be taking a big hit by selling them off. seems like thats my only choice though, definitely don't want to put the 2 12's in my 135 and the components won't fit. additionally, also don't want to install a headunit into this car... sell them off, pickup used equipment to fit the 1er i suppose :T
  • P1 Lemon Boston Leather
  • High Gloss Black Trim
  • Comfort Access System
Appreciate 0