United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stohlen
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRST1 View Post
^Thanks for the info!
That info's not 100% correct tho. Retarding the timing across the board makes the engine less efficient. The same amount of fuel is injected, it is just burned at a different, less efficient time. Equaling worse gas mileage.
Well I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong so if I am forgive me. But I thought when the timing was slowed so was the rate at which fuel was burned. To put it simply a more powerful engine needs more fuel and if you aren't operating at 100% power capacity then it may burn a bit longer. Not necessarily more efficent because its not creating as much power as it could. But I've been wrong before so if I am my apologies. It always felt like tho the few times I had no choice but to use crappy gas in my a4 (premium is limited n north dakota this why we mixed e85 at times) it lasted forever. IDK.

2013 BMW 135i Alpine white/coral red JB4 stage 2/ AFE stage 2 sealed intake box/ VRSF 3.5 inch catless dp/ Dinan exhaust/ Alpine V3 6000k HID angel eyes/ JB speed AW rear lip spoiler/ OEM mud flaps. ER charge pipe/ VRSF 7 inch FMIC forge star CF5s 19x8.5 and 19x9
Appreciate 0