View Single Post
      10-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #1373
Arrrrmatey
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 135is

CF grills and diffuser on LMB

Installed the grills a couple weeks ago. I received the diffuser this week, and just installed it today. Here are a few pics (sorry the car is not clean in any of the photos).

The grills went in pretty easy with the exception of bloody knuckles while de-installing the stock grills. I also had to scrounge around the garage to for a tool to help me unclip the fastener at the 7oclock (for the driver side grill) position. Any pointed tool (i used long hex key) with a 45 degree bend 1 inch from the end should work. The grills were purchased from a vendor in the forum vendor section and were shipped from Taiwan.

The diffuser was purchased from a us based web page (not sure if it is against forum rules to say who). There are a few threads on this diffuser warning about the tabs being too thick. I used a dremel tool and grinded down all the tabs to proper size in about 10 minutes. What may be of interest to anyone with a PE is the fitment around exhaust pipes is very good (plenty of clearance and it is even on both sides).

140144 Driver side CF, other side stock
141959 Down view in high light ... this angle and lighting shows the least "dark" view of the CF
142013 View with strong sunlight from the west, also showing the least "dark" appearance of the CF. Normally the CF is much more subdued, but I think these photos may help someone decide between CF and shadow line.

004 Worst angle for PE exhaust and stock diffuser ... really seems to stick out from this angle.
009 Installed, clearance around PE is good (and even).
010 New exhaust view.
Attached Images

Last edited by Arrrrmatey; 10-05-2013 at 06:44 PM..
Appreciate 0