View Single Post
      04-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #35
BlackBMiLuc
Pavement Operator
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
This guy is not looking to justify and explain his decisions, he's looking to make his new vehicle "bad ass." Help him or click on something else.
^ +1

OP, it sounds like you have good reasons for your decision so don't be swayed by any negative responses on here. I'm a new owner too so I don't have much to contribute in knowledge of our cars yet other than my opinion and support. Consider the fact that there hasn't been enough time for the 1 to come up with enough modifications, especially our N55, to wow and please everyone enough to have some faith in the future for our 1's, but there will be that time. Go ahead with doing what you can with what's available out there for now that you are interested in, I'm sure many of us on here will be interested to see, and enjoy it for what it is with it's unique platform and appeal. I mean, I know where you're coming from with letting something go that you put a lot of money and effort into it, and getting the attention for it, but the time came and so you just have to look at the bright side with how often do you see a 1 series compared to a vette or mustang. You see them everywhere almost every day. You can certainly get amazing power out of them but that's not everything believe me. I have autocrossed my 1 series last summer bone stock with better times over an owner with a 700 rwhp yellow z06. Every other turn that vette just wanted to slide out to the point of causing over-correction and he was losing so much time because of that. So I mean so much power has its limits. And how is it even worth at the end of the day when it's not that practical anymore. Being nimble and quick handling is much more advantageous in this day and age in getting around congested traffic, road obstacles, and basically just having pure fun in driving not to mention being unique. If one just wants to be a showoff, then none of that would really matter and jumping on the power bandwagon is an option and not being able to use one's vehicle to its true potential on a driving-basis as much as you can with a 1. It's one's own personal choice as you have made your decision and we all welcome you to the club. And most of all it's exciting to break free from the chain of what others say you can't do to this car when in reality with enough proper knowledge and experience, you WILL be able to get what you want out of it. Don't be discouraged with an N55 motor opposed to N54. Yeah the N54 is great as it's had more time on the road, but BMW have teams of Engineers for research and enough reason to change the setup over, which we will all eventually see. Regardless of either motor and whether it's a 135 or 1M, it is imho, one of the best all-around vehicles that you can buy on the market today. Guaranteed! Congrats on your order sir.