View Single Post
      01-24-2014, 09:35 PM   #200
gcbm
Australia
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 3.0i, e82 135i

Re Schmiedmann.com

Absolutely correct re Schmiedmann shipping world wide. Not only that but shipping is very quick and reasonably priced HOWEVER.......
pray that nothing is damaged in transit as the after sales service is all downhill.
No amount of emails or photos etc will help you as they simply will not want to know you. DHL may sympathize with you but as the shipment was made by Schmiedmann only they can lodge any claim etc.

I ended up out of pocket for the damaged tweeter surrounds for my e90 which I paid over $200 for so my 'cheap' Alpine upgrade suddenly became much more expensive when I was faced with the double wammy of buying another set at local $tealer pricing. I know of another member on the e90 forums who had a similar experience with Schmiedman and was similarly out of pocket as they just ignored his emails etc.

Given the poor packing of my shipment (the door surrounds were bent and subsequently cracked so they would fit in the box, then finished off by DHL because of the poor packaging) it's likely that this would not be a one off so be warned!!
Appreciate 0