bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
Congrats! I know you've been waiting for a while. Car looks good - I haven't seen hardly any pics of the LCI front bumper and the turbine-style wheels, if any. Looks much better than the configurator suggests.
Thanks... It does.

Quote:
The no temp gauge thing is really annoying. Mainly because there's a space for it there! It just seems like a stupid corner to cut on a BMW. I know the trick of checking oil level in the BC, but I would much prefer an actual gauge to determine if I've reached operating temp. I've never heard of anyone doing it, but maybe the 135i cluster could be fitted and coded to work? I know I've seen guys put M3 clusters in 135i's.
One of the threads in the forum mentions a product called ScanGauge: It's dash-mounted and plugs into the OBDII port and allows to to pretty much monitor anything and everything that the CPU sees, just like one of those handheld OBDII readers... About $160, if I recall... Not bad, since a purpose-built gauge package would cost considerably more since those VDO gauges are pretty pricey.

EDIT: Here's a link to the ScanGauge site: http://www.scangauge.com/