fancyfl1ght
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i

Perhaps I was not being clear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Hmmm...so I'm just perceiving that I actually have direct control of shifting the lever and engaging/disengaging the clutch while driving a manual?
I didn't realize that I was just perceiving it. I thought I was actually performing the gear changes.

So then, does the DCT give you an enhanced perception of direct control over your shifts? Moving a switch up/down, or tapping a lever, asking the computer to do the gear change is more real and more directly in control of the shifting process?

Yes, a manual trans does give "entertainment value".
I agree that indeed the "manual" cars are very entertaining and FUN.
A human being makes manual gear changes based on speed, rpms, clutch resistance and a gear shifter. This is a very analog method based on feel.

Sure there is great feel to a manual transmission. It would be a greater stretch to believe that the great feel of a manual transmission is necessarily efficient.

DCT has proven that it will out think and out play a human being.

Does DCT have a similar feel of a manual? No way. That is the sacrifice and the decision point people need to make.

I chose efficiency over feel. Others may differ.
Alpine White BMW 228i (Stripper Special with Lighting Package as the ONLY option), HD-LINK IW06B-N23 Backup Camera & HDMI Input, Technic ASD Removal Harness (Wire Nut Mod), Technic Hifi Harness, Focal FDP 6.900, Hertz Energy ECX 100.5.