04-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
I have a Seibon OEM style CF trunk (not CSL sorry). Fitment is decent. It seals very well, and around the edges there isn't much of a gap at all. The one two issues are that up towards the windshield, the edges of the trunk start to recess downwards, so that the edge of the car itself is slightly higher and uneven compared to the top edges of the trunk. Doesn't affect it in any way except it looks a little weird. Nobody has noticed this except me, though, so I don't care. Also, there is a hole for the keyhole enclosure... but most cars built after a certain date don't have a keyhole.. so you're going to have a small hole in a location that you can't normally see. Even for cars that do have a keyhole, there is a piece of fiberglass reinforcement that kinda blocks the hole so you can't install the damn thing anyway. Kinda weird. But.. other than these minor issues, fitment is 9/10. No big or uneven gaps anywhere, and everything is symmetrical.
Nice! I will think about it since Lutz Performance is having a promo for Seibon CSL trunk and hood. Overall, do you satisfy with it? Does it transform the looks of your car?
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0