Thread: Newbie from UK
View Single Post
      09-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #29
Dung8
Rep
Drives: Bmw 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by sladeywadey View Post
as hard a distraction as the situation may be, I'd just enjoy the car given as already stated above that it has warranty etc.

Fancy a midnight hoon around north/mid sussex in the next few weeks? that'll help divert attention back to the car
I certainly am enjoying the car! haha sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by octainejunkee View Post
welcome mate.
Im off to a brandshatch trackday on the 30th of oct if you want to bring yours along for some track time.?
whats the spec of your 1M?

With regards to yours being a press car
- id write an email asking for conformation that it wasnt used as a press car as you were informed it was run by "someone at BMW"
- not potentially raped on a track for 7000miles.

See what they say and get the sales guy to confirm its history and if he lies to you then let us know what he says?
- you might get something out of it but if not rest assured these cars are tough and as long as it drives how you expect then i wouldnt loose sleep over it.

Cheers Jamie
Brands sounds good. How do I go about booking a place?
Its spec: (from what I can remember!): Folding mirrors, harman kardon, Pro satnav, bmw assit, dab, enhanced bluetooth, lumber, heated seats. I think these are all extras.

Im not looking to get anything more out of the dealer, but I will be writing an email to him asking him to confirm the cars history. I will keep you updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogli882 View Post
Good advice +1

I would also ask them for a breakdown of any work done on the car as part of the Approved use checks & the results of any checks i.e. brakes wear etc

Plus request confirmation that there will be no issues with any future warranty claims because of it being a press car?

Most of all - enjoy the car
Yes, sounds like an idea. Alongside asking for him to confirming the history of the car, Once he has replied I will request confirmation it wouldn't effect the warranty and wont effect future trade in values.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmpowell View Post
I wouldn't use the phrase 'press car', because the dealer can still say the car wasn't used by the press and he would technically be correct. The car however was owned by BMW UK, and belonged in the pool of cars that were loaned and used to promote the car. Cars in that pool were not owned by an individual person (so that's a fib by the sales guy) they were loaned to the press and the dealer networks etc

I agree with mogli882, ask them for a breakdown of any work done on the car as part of the Approved use checks & the results of any checks i.e. brakes wear etc Plus request confirmation that there will be no issues with any future warranty claims because of it being a one of the original pool press/promotion cars.

GOX and a few others were hammered to within an inch of their life by the press, and if it were one of those cars you now owned I suspect the advice here would be different (money back etc!). However, if it were me I wouldn't be too worried, because from the evidence on the web it suggests it's not been used for hard test reviews by magazines and TV programmes.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.
Surely all BMW approved cars have to meet the same standard? and all future issues to be covered by warranty? other than consumables.

Since purchase I have noted a smell of burning but was reassured it was disappear. It has lessened but hasn't fully dissipated. I will be booking it into BMW for next week.

Thanks again for all the great advice
Appreciate 0