11-13-2014, 07:37 AM   #22
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Ugh. Here we go again!

This is how the vehicle is DESIGNED to work!!!! It is intentional, not a flaw.

The dash vents blow cool air so you are breathing fresh air while the floor and defrost vents do the warming.

If you don't want fresh air, turn off the dash vents.
What you say may be true for your car. But on my e88, if I put the top down in cool weather, I get nice warm air out of the vents on the dash. It has a special mode for top down. I haven't really paid that much attention to how it works with the top up since it heats up pretty quickly - a lot quicker than my 2006 Suzuki SUV.

If mine was under warranty and I didn't like the way it was working I'd take it in. We have pretty complex cars and with complexity comes opportunities for issues. My wife is very quick to complain about a lack of heat in the winter, however, and also drives a e88 without complaint. So I think our heaters work pretty well.

I leave my temp about 72 degrees summer and winter. Occasionally I turn it up or down a few degrees to cause the system to blow out different locations or change the temperature a little.