Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabor67 View Post
Dack,

Went yesterday to fill up in Weiden and to my surprise, The Esso gas station there has all the regular fuels (Super, Super+, Diesel) without ANY ethanol percentages and speaking with the guy working there they are not getting it no time soon because they halted distribution of the fuel because of the uproar and misinformation from the German Government.

Also he showed me on the Bild newspaper yesterday that there was an article regarding stoppage of distribution of E10 fuel becuase the nationwide rejection of the fuel has now halted production and distribution of the fuel.

Maybe that is why the Esso in Ingolstadt (when I drove down to Munich) had all the old fuels.

I saw on German Tv that this whole Bio fuel E10 thing has been a misserable flop - and only the Bundes is to blame. They were showing how a lot of gas stations had been runing out of SuperPlus fuel while they had plenty of E10! lol The stations had to have special delivers of SuperPlus - entire truckloads worth of SuperPlus! No German wanted to pump that crap E10 gas. Only us dumb Americans (I guess) bought into this E10 thing. Well.. some of us. lol

Dackel
Appreciate 0