12-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #15
fboutlaw
Cone Cruncher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutattoo View Post
I wanted the Stoptechs, but since I wanted front and back it would've taken to long to get. I was told six weeks for both. The price with the discount is within a 100 bucks, but the Stoptechs take a bigger variety of pads I believe.

Both are great.

Should I sell the BMW performance brakes now? Hmmm. One front rotor is cracked and the pads are gone, but the rears are ok. Haven't taken the calipers apart to see what damage they sustained. Not sure they have any value to anyone.
I bought the stoptech F/R kits from HPA. The order did take just over 1 month from order to arrival of fronts and rears (shipping snafu added a week).

I have no regrets. They offer a great BBK which performs fine on the track with their street performance pads. I only noticed a change in response after about 20-25 mins when they started to change their response, but it was very controllable and gives out slowly.

I imagine the brembo's have very similar characteristics and one set to the next is not going to have a high variance. The big difference is moving to a BBK with a larger front rotor that cools more efficiently.
Appreciate 0