View Single Post
      04-30-2015, 04:51 AM   #1
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

Power Steering Fluid reservoir overflow at the track ...

Hi Guys.

Any of you guys that track your stock or tuned 135i in intermediate or advanced groups, boil your power streering fluid, causing it to leak out from the reservoir lid?

Other than CHF11s, is there such a thing as high performance or high temperature resistant PSF?

Ive replaced my rubber o-ring some time ago, and will do it again. I hand tighten the lid, trying not to damage the O-ring.

Tired of making a mess in the engine bay, and having to top off the fluid on a regular basis.

Ive seen old-school solutions of putting an old sock to wrap up the reservoir to keep fluid from splattering around ... Not the safest, as that can wind up in your pulleys, belts, and radiator fan.

One last thing, I do not get this issue on the street, only when lapping on the track ...
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts
Appreciate 0