View Single Post
      01-09-2017, 05:37 AM   #34
TechieCarGuy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91, 2008 Z4

Old thread, thanks for reviving it... I've had several iterations as far as equipment to date. I am using a pair of Hybrid Audio LS3 SE's in each door. These are tiny 3" speakers which sound amazing, and currently am using the titanium tweeter from the CDT DRT26 combo set mounted in my mirror triangles, with the 8-inch woofer from the oringinal MB Quart speaker set under the seat. I am planning on upgrading to a Hybrid Audio Tweeter once I get everything working the way I want.

This combination has proven an a amazing setup and offers superior sound quality over any other combination I tried. The Audio Frog stuff, at least the entry level I tried wasn't for me.

The big challenge I have had in this car and am still working through has been Bass, or low frequency. I was under the impression that by tapping into connections under the seat I could get a fairly full range single to feed to my Audison Bit One, however even after having the Base Stereo which is high-level changed over to Hi-Fi (which is low-level) by my mechanic with his AutoLogic, I am still having issue.

I built an enclosure for two of my Hybrid I6SW's and due to a problem with my bass signal have reverted to a test enclosure I have with a single 10 for the time being.

When I fire up the system, I can hear that the bass is there, but it is extremely attenuated. I suspect that even in the Base BMW Stereo, there is something going on as far as processing. The original system had a 6.5inch woofer under the seat. They would be crazy to send a full-range signal to a speaker like that, so I suspect there is some sort of roll-off of bass, that even my Audison can't fix. I ordered an Audio Control LCi2 to see if that will help, but may need something a little more powerful to sum and recoup the low frequencies.

Since every thing in the sub bass is not to my liking I considered this protect still a work in progress. I'll sit down and do a complete recap of the system when I can and update some pictures of a few things. Like so much, this project has been drawn out farther (and longer) than I had hoped due to a ton of changes in our household, one being selling our house and moving in to a place without a workshop.

To be continued..

Last edited by TechieCarGuy; 01-09-2017 at 05:47 AM..
Appreciate 0