View Single Post
      08-05-2008, 07:14 PM   #15
MI128
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35I M-Sport

Garage List
2008 BMW 128  [0.00]
Update on my paint peeling dilemma... Sorry this is so long. I took my car to the dealer and this young cocky kid comes out and says let me take your car down the street to our body shop that does our work. I say ok a little weird but ok, I give him my keys and he speeds off in my car. When I say speed he basically floors it. Which right there pissed me off but I kept a level head. He comes back after 5-10 minutes and says there a rock chip and there is nothing we can do about it, and basically sorry about your luck but it will cost $400.00 to fix it. I told him I understand about the warranty not covering the rock chip but a rock chip should not cause the clear coat to peel off. This has to be a defect in the paint; I have never had a car do this and it only has 1900 miles. So I leave and call my sales rep at the dealership I bought the car from and tell him my problem and frustration. He basically tells me there is ways around to beat the system and to call BMW America and open up a customer ticket which I did. They have a factory engineer coming out to look at my car and see what they can do and my sales rep is going to talk to his boss. To me regardless if the rock caused it to start peeling they would fix it to keep a customer. This is my first BMW and I always thought they had great customer service and I have received that until now. This really turns me off about getting another BMW and letting my GF buy one in a few months when her lease is up. So right now we are at a stand still on who is paying for it. Really im just looking for validation on my point am I right or am I f*&ked and will have to pay for it out of my pocket. Any advice given will be helpful...

Thanks,