Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
And as my 1,111th Bimmerpost post

I have Evolve'd my 128i!!

Many thanks to Evolve team (Imran, Jamie and Salman) for their service & communication.

Initial read was almost 1 hour. Tune file upload was under 15 min.

The car is in the transition/adaptation stage so here are a few things I have noticed so far in the first 10 km.

-The tune is very smooth, so the middle dip is fixed
-There is more torque in the low - mid end, very nice as this is my most common zone.
-Redline is back at 7k ish
-After 4k rpm the engine has new tone, its nice & subtle difference.
-Feeling new sensations in low-mid end very similar to right after I added the DISA intake manifold. Just much more smoother.

Will comment again on the tune after some spirited driving.

EDIT:

<< 200 km update >>

So I didn't get much done last evening and since the weather is holding up between -2 C to 5 C without any snow. I went for a few drives and this morning too. I had the opportunity to drive the car in various situations: Country roads, Hwy/freeway, City, traffic & parking lots. Also I want to make this mini review before any dyno because these sensations will be there everyday outside any dyno result thrills or upsets.

The Evolve Stage II tuned 128i feels really strong/different and maybe even the DME already has adapted completely in the 1/3 of gas tank & 200km that I have used up with many thrills and WOT opportunities.
I still must say again that the tune is very smooth and almost any gear shift feels like it is made in the right spot with 1st and 2nd gear being more refined than before perhaps due to torque. Furthermore, there is a new sensation of throttle response as I am being hugged by the seat as the car accelerates( I don't think I have noticed that before, and I was wearing a leather jacket & sweater). The middle dip from the DISA is fixed and shifts in the zone make it possible as a new way to enjoy the car on civil roads & everyday situations. I will say that the car does revs quicker & more aggressive and I reach higher speeds than I am used to in the same time. Past 4k the car has a slightly different sound & is does pull well all the way to 7k and its limiter. There is increased wheel spin in the low-mid PRM situations, and I need to watch it since my winter tires will be a victim of this tune.

In Conclusion, the tune works! It does what its competitors do (refine the hp & torque cuve through RPM range) and perhaps even more as initially I thought I added DISA all over again. This feeling is now replaced with new memories, sensations and satisfaction from feeling that the car is a different. Also, I have an itch to stalk some other cars, it is like I have a sleeper here.

Great job Evolve team

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is

Last edited by andrey_gta; 01-16-2013 at 12:58 PM..
Appreciate 0