11-20-2010, 12:38 AM   #15
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianc View Post
Frankly, I'm a little disappointed in this thread. I had suffered the annoying squeaks for awhile and was able to completely cure them by this method, so I thought others might benefit by my posting it, but instead I'm just greeted with skepticism, condemnations of BMW's part quality (not totally undeserved), or implications that it's not fixable and to just 'live with it' from people who haven't tried it.

Oh well, whatever...

ianc
Don't worry about it. Just think of 1Addicts like New York City. It's shove-y, and pushy, and 1/2 of the comments are from the loud mouths who tend to be flippant and dismissive. They represent like 10-20% of the people here though- the rest of the visitors probably found this post very helpful and had nothing to say or add themselves.

Example: I posted a fun video of a track day battle I had with an M3. I'm a beginner driver and have only been to about 5 or 6 trackdays and had zero instruction up until that day. ANYWAY, I post the video thinking it would be fun, and instead 1/2 the comments are about me missing my apex's, how the M3 was a bad driver, and how I had a typo (I said the 135i had a "V"-6) in my video.

So, anyway- don't worry about it. Keep posting. The other 80% of us enjoy it and find it helpful.
135i // M-Sports Package // RR Oil Catch Can // Black Kidneys // iCarbon Hood // Alum Pedals // KW v2 Coilovers // Vorshlag Camber Plates // Hotchkis Sway Bar // Wheel Studs. Best mod ever? Tires. 255's in front, 275's in back.
Appreciate 1