View Single Post
      10-13-2011, 08:21 AM   #21
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
I'm guessing it's this one or a version of: http://www.mikescaraudioreviews.com/...woofer-review/

Vinney, you can have a good look at mine on Saturday and see if you think it takes up too much space.... I think it's worth it to be able to put a bigger speaker in...

From what I've read the ID 10 is very good for SQ but starts to suffer from distortion (suspension noise) if you push it over about 250w RMS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
I'd bet this is true. But I'd also bet that if your'e looking at this option, you aren't concerned about a "seriously powerful" setup. 9 of 10 owners will likely love this. I'm not trying to argue w/ you, just thinking out loud that this is true but doesn't matter.

I put Boston Acoustics subs in the spare tire well of my last car, a pair of 10" ers that only needed .5 cubic ft each, and they hit pretty hard. I remember fiberglassing that thing and looking at the pics here I wouldn't be surprised if this enclosure is at least that big. If so, there are sub options.
Agreed. If you just want to add to the existing setup then this is gonna be great for most people. My thoughts are that it doesn't really make sense to put an SQ focussed Sub in the boot where it's muffled by the back seat anyway...

I have the Alpine upgrade in my car so my front Splits and under-seat subs are running off a 4x80w Amp and my sub is a JL Audio 10w6v2 it's got about 50% more power handling but needs less Cubic Volume and more Mounting Depth:

My concern would be that if you are amping the Speakers then I'm not sure that a 250-300w sub is sufficient. Having said this, I am only using an educated guess about which sub the ID10 is and I have't actually heard it.

PS: Mine also allows you to lift up the floor cover without obstruction.

All of this is just speculation until Ken chimes in with some specs though....

Last edited by Harlequin; 10-13-2011 at 08:24 PM..
Appreciate 0