View Single Post
      02-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #9
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by eywflyer View Post
Congrats on your order! I ordered my 135is (DSB, black/blue stitch leather, 6 MT) on January 10, and it went to "in transit" status February 19. I'm the opposite of you, as I got premium, but not tech, since I didn't really care about the nav and was trying to keep it under 50K. I did want to have the ambient lighting and auto-dim mirrors and needed satellite radio. Only other significant option I got was HK. I screwed up and didn't option the alarm, by the time I asked my CA about it the car was in status 112 and it was too late to change it. Apparently the VDC or dealer cannot add the alarm later due to lack of required pre-wiring.

Going from the very basic E46 I've driven for the past 9 years to this new car will be awesome, can't wait for it to get here!

Make sure and post pics in the "135is owners - show us your cars" thread when you have 'em.
Bet you can't wait to get yours. You still can get satellite though without the premium package, right? It's just that the premium package comes with a year of prepaid. Hmm. I just wanted the garage door opener rearview mirror and liked some of the other features of the tech package, though I agree, the navigation isn't that important. I think I'm spoiled though as I have navigation and MMI stuff in my S5, so want all the fixins, but like you, needed to keep it under $50k MSRP. Mine works out to $49,250, but dealer took $4k off, so I'm quite happy.

And don't worry, I will definitely be posting pics. I posted a bunch in another thread of the mineral grey 135is with coral red interior I went and test drove a couple of weeks ago. I may not post my pics til I get a nice tint put on it first...only thing I will do to the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb135is View Post
Yea, nothing in premium I wanted. I only ticked heated seats and the leather because I just couldn't wrap my head around going from the cloth in my ZHP (best interior I've ever had) to the leatherette, though I'm sure it's fine. I do know the leatherette will age a lot better.

I went with Space vs. Mineral because we had a Sparkling Graphite car in the family in the past (SG is similar to MG), and it might as well have been black to me. I saw every swirl even after normal, careful washing. I couldn't handle that, so I thought the SG was the right balance since I'd already owned a Titanium Silver car before.
I had the leatherette in my old 135i and honestly, nobody could even tell it wasn't real leather and that stuff is pretty indestructible. I know people with BMW leather who even told me to NOT get the leather cause it tends to really wear.

I still might change to space gray before all is said and done, but I did see a mineral grey after it had rained and it held up remarkably well, whereas the carbon black 135is looked trashed. I don't know how a titanium silver 135is would look, haven't been able to find any pics and my last 135i was silver, so figured I'd go a little darker. I think the contrast though of the black mirrors and grille slats with the space gray is the best. More subtle on the mineral grey.

Can't wait to join the exclusive "is" club. I went 2 years after getting my last 135i before I saw another one on the road, and imagine mine might be the only 135is I end up seeing out there. I like that...makes it special and unique before they butcher and ruin the car making it the 235i.
Appreciate 0