05-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #14
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by yandyr View Post

Yup, pretty much locked up, I've been off track before and have been able to keep the car under control, I've corrected for mistakes or right on the edge type things. Not sure if it was because I was mentally tired as well, last session of the weekend, I had spent some time fixing my wastgates the night before as on of them stuck open again. My saturday was cut short because of that, but overall it was really an amazing weekend, not allot of cars on the track, some rain laps, but mostly dry overcast skys.

I'm more than def getting right back on it as soon as it's okay, and I recover from the the finances. I've been looking at some rally, rally cross schools for "drifting, oversteer control type of things".
2 things to note here....I've almost always skipped the very last session of a weekend b/c of that kind of issue. You feel like you're finally in a rhythm and moving well, but generally you don't really realize how dang tired and exhausted you are (mostly mentally) which will lead to mistakes. To me i've always noticed that the most off track incidents happen towards the last few sessions. Guys feel like they have to set their best since track starts opening up and they won't be back tomorrow.

As far as a rally school there are 2 things to think about here. First, a skid pad provides tons of car control practice and it's much cheaper than a rally school. Second, your car control may be fine in a controlled environment when you're expecting that rear end to come around. Its another thing to catch it when you're not expecting it. I think thats the biggest reason why you went into the wall. The rear end surprised you and locked you into not reacting.

I'm not sure a rally school is going to help with that second issue. The only real way to get passed it is to experience it again and work through it. Maybe do more iracing and try to practice it there?? Not an easy thing to find a way to practice.