View Single Post
      11-20-2011, 02:59 AM   #227
hybris4u
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 1-serie M Coupé and BMW X5

It has been a pain to find winter wheels for the 1M. ;-)

I did check VMR but they cannot deliver the V710. None in stock and no clue when they have new.

Did think Apex ARC-8 but that would mean 18" and 9.5 square setup. Meaning a bit wide tires for winter use. I was thinking about using the same wheels for winter and track use.

The 270M? As said earlier really don't like the looks and price. Need spacers to not look terrible in the back. Lousy rubber for real winter (Michelin Pilot Alpin). Expensive if bought without rubber. So not an option for me.

The M3 wheels is an option. Short delivery time and fits directly on the car. 19". 235/35/19 front and 255/35/19 in the back by default. A fairly good options. Still not the cheapest rims. Good option though!

My current plan is to put winter tires on the original wheels. Go down one size front and back. Go for the Nokian rubber. Cheapest option for me and still with good "Nordic" rubber with or without spikes. Will order on Monday to have the rubber when I get delivery in January in the middle of the Swedish winter.

In spring I will probably go for Apex 18", 9.5 square setup for track days.

Just my plan after so much research. Hard to find good winter tires for our car! ;-)
Appreciate 0