View Single Post
      12-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #8
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

You aren't limited to Germany, of course. There are drop off points all over Europe. The alps, in summer time, have the nicest pictures. I still kick myself for not doing ED in 2009 on my 128i vert. The threads on bimmerfest are great and you will get all kinds of help.

I do not see reports on hidden expenses. If you have the miles, that would be the biggest expense. You need transportation from the airport - there is one guy everybody raves about - and as you stated, hotels and food. And you can take public transportation to the Welt but I gather it requires multiple transfers so it would be a hassle if you don't pack real light.

There are also travel firms you can find by googling European driving vacations that will plan a trip for you and get the hotels. 2009 was a tough year for me so I was really limited on time and energy but if I'd found one of these websites I would have probably done it. There are also BMW trips which are undoubtedly very nice but are also pricey.

Jim