View Single Post
      11-18-2009, 05:58 PM   #51
RPIpower
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM135i View Post
That's pretty nice to have a before and after dyno for your customers... Have you all experimented with aftermarket downpipes with your exhaust? It seems that the most gains in the exhaust system are from replacing the stock dp's with 3" catless ones.

40hp on a stock car with just a dp-back just doesn't seem possible though imho. Seems sort of like Afe's claims that their intake gives 27 hp... which we all know is BS
Please dont take this personally but how many exhausts have you made? Im just curious as to where you get your info from. If the downpipe was different, then yeah, we might have to change the way the exhaust is designed. This particular exhaust was made with the stock dp. What and how it does, I dont know. I bought the car, did basline runs, added our scoops, gained about 5whp, did the ESS tune, dynoed the car again, made the exhaust and dynoed again.

You guys are spoon fed what I call "forum tuning". Some of it is good and some of it is ridiculous. Heck, some of the vendors started from reading what people were saying on the forums. Do they know anything about intake, exhaust and tuning? NO, but they know how to read what people "think" and "want" so they register a business name and start importing products from Mr. chang in Asia.

Its all good though. Im just poking fun but to answer your question again, no, I havent tested the car with other DPs. I want to keep the car as legal as possible. I promise you with the same mods + the exhaust you WILL get 40hp.
Appreciate 0