View Single Post
      03-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #56
mrHellas
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 N54-135i M-Sport, 6MT

So basically I got in a baby accident a while ago and my rear passenger tail was cracked! I was furious... accident was not my fault. Anyway, I figured it was a perfect time to upgrade to the LCI's as I have a 01/09 build. I should mention that the blackline LCI's from schmiedmann (model number ending #282) was a perfect P and P fit. No coding or anything. Only difference is now my daytime running lights are also on in the rear. I like this.

So without further ado... here are my LCI upgrades completed with the blacklines from Schmiedmann. They were here in Chicago in less than a week from purchase order. Fedex sent me an email to fill out an HS7 customs declaration form and that was it. Easy peasy. Great packaging and less than 20 minutes to install the pair. Longest time spent was just trying to get the gaps/spacing around the lights nice and even. I found it easiest to torque down the top of the three bolts first, then the other two.

Here's some more pictures of what to expect from Schmiedmann, and some other random stuff, if it isn't aready abundantly clear from this great DIY.

Oh, and some quick notes. Don't forget to remove the (-) battery terminal before beginning. It can't hurt and I've read reports of people getting issues without doing that. Also, I found it helped me to start on the driver side first to get a good feel for it, because my passenger side has a stupid cargo net thing which makes it a PITA to pull the cargoliner back.

Anyway... i'm beyond pleased. the new LCI's look sweet, especially the blacklines. much meaner looking. <3 Anything for my gurl! daddy treats her right!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0