View Single Post
      10-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
N55_BBM
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe

Reverting back to stock exhaust: help with vacuum line / golf tee mod

So I uninstalled the BMW performance exhaust and reverted back to the stock one. process was straightforward.

However, to get the PE installed the mechanic who did it plugged a little snug screw to the vacuum line and ziptied it so it wouldn't be dangling.

Now that I installed the stock exhaust again, I wanted to just put it back on but the hose is too wide for that small little nipple on the actuator (picture below, stolen from another thread )

So I went ahead and left the vacuum line as-was and ziptied the little lever piece on the muffler that opens the bypass to the second exhaust tip so that it remained open. I figured if I didn't do that, since the vacuum line isn't connected I wouldnt get the bypass under WOT and the car would be too silent. Was anything wrong with this logic?

Also, can I just leave that actuator nipple exposed or should I be covering it with something? If so, with what and where do I buy it?

I'd rather get the exhaust to 100% stock if someone can help.. but if it's too complicated I wouldn't mind having it with the "golf tee" mod that I currently have

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0