View Single Post
      08-31-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '08 135i

Getting run around from CCW

For all those that have a set of CCW's for their 1er can you help me out here. I need to know the size of the boxes that your wheels shipped in.

A certain individual at CCW, who will remain nameless, refuses to try and ship a set of Classics for a 135 to a military APO address. They would be 18" x 8.5" for the front and 18" x 10" for the rear. He is citing that the boxes are too big for the restrictions imposed by the US Postal Service when shipping to an APO address. This restrictions are the box cannot have a girth, calculated by adding H+H+W+W+L of the box, of more than 108" and not weighing more than 70 lbs. I have done the girth calculations with a guesstimated box size of 25"(L) x 15"(H) x 25"(W) which comes to a total of 105" in girth. This should be an overly generous assumption for the box dimensions required for the wheels I would be ordering; read a hell of a lot of padding on those wheels.

Of course he is even refusing to tell me the dimensions of the boxes they would use for these wheels so this is why I am reaching out to you guys. If the boxes are what I assumed above or smaller I can have a forwarding service send them to me. If not, then I am screwed... lol

I appreciate your input guys.