View Single Post
      11-19-2008, 09:03 PM   #3
IBSC
Rep
Drives:

Hi Tim,

Thats correct, at 2500 klms all M Power product has a 'running in service'.
This is engine oil and filter, gearbox oil and diff oil.
The vehicle then needs to be connected to GT1 and be told the service has been completed and so enabling more performance.

With your 135, I would change the oil at 5,000 using something like Agip Techsint and a genuine or Mann & Hummel filter.
BMW use oil that is branded as their own special stuff hocus pocus and all that but it is Castrol Edge Sport 5W-30.
Then change every 10,000 unless you do shirt trips all the time or drive it hard.

There have been some problems with hydraulic lifters in the new 6 cylinders to the extent that in the one dealer I was at there were about 6 head swaps done under warranty.
Characterised by the tic tic tic noise that usually stops if you restart the engine.
SI was sent out stating this was a bleed issue and no short or long term damage will be caused by this.
Another reason to keep your oil clean.

Also worth remembering that the engine oil is also the oil that lubricates the turbo's at 3 zillion rpm so you must use a good oil.

Darren
Western Australia, 6163, Australia
Telephone: 0404 628 738
International: +61 404 628 738

service@independentbmwservicecentre.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Current Drives:
1989 BMW ETURDY 318i M40 - Bog Stock Standard
2008 Honda Civic Sport (Missus)
Waiting On:
Lotto win

PLEASE TRY TO REMEMBER, WE DONT MAKE THEM AND WE DONT BREAK THEM, WE JUST FIX THEM :iono:
Appreciate 0