View Single Post
      01-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #8
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

++1 to the CDV delete!

I waited almost two months and... that was two months too long to wait! I should have done it the very first day! Well.. ok, the first week of ownership!

The best way I can describe the difference with doing the CDV delete is... when you press down onto the clutch pedal, even though your foot is dead on the floor... the clutch release arm is still moving to fully disengage the clutch. There is a "lag" or "delay" as the clutch goes engages or releases fully.

Ever drive a stick sometimes half asleep... trying to move the shifter, with your foot not fully pressing down on the clutch or not at all... then you start fumbing with the gear shift lever and it kind of balks and resists... that is what the CDV is doing. THEN you press fully down on the clucth pedal and all is GOOD - that is what the CDV-delete feels like!

A car with the CDV delete will just plain shift smoother and faster and with LESS jerkyness than with a CDV in place. The shifter moves more fluid-like and the car doesn't buck and surge when shifting gears now. The shifter moves smoothly from gear slot to gear slot. Especially in the 1st/2nd gear throws. 3rd & 4th gear throws/engagemant feel really good now!

Dackel

Last edited by Dackelone; 01-06-2011 at 04:32 PM..
Appreciate 0