Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavpilot2k View Post
Short Answer: It is not.
I attempted to buy it from my BMW dealer three months ago and they said it was unavailable.

Long answer: There may be a few floating out there from some third-party retailers, but even if you find one, you will likely have the following problems:

1: It will likely be only the base kit with the struts/shocks and replacement parts but no springs (the true full PS kit was actually 3 different part numbers - the basic kit I referred to, plus the PNs for the front springs and the rear springs).

2: If it has the springs as part of the kit, they will be a "one-size-fits-all" solution, and you will be unable to get the correct spec springs for your configuration.

Best case scenario, you could find the basic kit as described in 1 above, and then be able to source the correct springs separately (they are still available).

I wanted to go the PS route, but ended up just getting Koni Sports for the struts and will be adding the BMW PS springs once I do my major suspension overhaul (springs, front control arms, camber plates, new RSFBs, etc...)

Good luck.
Yeah, I was just checking around the interwebs for another member and couldn't find it anywhere (tbh, didn't search that hard). Glad I have mine but when the time comes to replace it I will probably go with the B12 Pro-kit or something similar, but that won't be for a long time.

Another possible choice would be the Bilstein B8 Performance Plus shocks and struts paired with my BMW Performance springs. This is probably a better choice for me than the B12 kit because I think the Eibach springs in the B12 kit might be too low for my taste.

But the question is how long will the BMW Performance springs be available for anyone else interested in buying them?