07-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #24
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberschnell View Post
OEM 264 wheels are pretty concave. Now picture that lip going another 15 mm out and you can imagine how concave a wheel could be.

The catch is you are going to need to get custom 2 piece wheels to achieve that.

Forged = more strength to support concave and the 2 piece lets the manufacturer mix the right face and barrel to get max concave. I've been looking into this now and trying at least a dozen wheels to find the best fit.

What I have found is fronts can never be too concave due to offsets and the need to clear the brakes. Brakes are not a problem in the back. The Ideal set up I've found fro concave is 9.5 wide with 255/35/18 tires, ET45. Rear's rolled and pulled (not flared) with some added negative camber. This is no rub set up during realistic driving, even on a dropped car. Not a "only on hard corners", or "only with 2 people in the car" set up, I mean no rubbing. See my photo below.

The face profile is going to be key. A hub needs at least 10mm of meat for the lugs, but no more. Some manufacturers like to have deep set lug holes or a deep dish in the center. What you need is a shallow center from which the spokes start from. A company like BC Forged can build you a set just like that. My BC forged should be here in a few weeks
What is the brand and style of the middle photo? Looks nice with good concavity. Thanks
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0