10-17-2008, 11:02 PM   #45
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozza View Post
Yes, I'm now back with AAMI, and my premium is around $100 less per year than Shannons. I've conifirmed with AAMI that I can choose a BMW preferred repairer, should anything happen in the future. They're fairly flexible when it comes to getting your car repaired, especially when you own a premium brand, you just have to be prepared to challenge them.

A few years ago my car was broken into, and my GPS and iPod were stolen. AAMI covered the cost of the windscreen and damage to the door, but refused to cover the GPS and iPod. I challenged them and explained that they were part of the car - the iPod was attached to a dock that was hard-wired to the car, and the GPS was a vehicle accessory. I told them that if they weren't prepared to cover the items I would simply cancel my policy and find another insurer once they'd repaired the window and damage to the driver's door. They'd lose out if I cancelled, so after speaking with someone with a bit more seniority they agreed to cover the items in the end.

On another note, I completely buggered up my number plate when trying to stick it on! I'll have to get yet another one printed! It's harder to stick something on straight
Interesting about your broken into story. Yes, I had my Sega something stolen as well. They did not cover it fair enough (it was not attached). :biggrin:

Glad that you confirm about AAMI, that is my only reservation in their parts. Now it is good that I can convince them to take my repairer, if there is no repair giving a much cheaper quote.

Coz they have to guarantee the work for the life of the car, oh well, they cannot afford to have some dodgy ones either.