Mods to date:

KW v2 coil overs followed by Koni Swift Setup
Quaife LSD
Procede V5 (removed)
Fabspeed Downpipes (removed)
DCI
HPF Intercooler
m3 Front sway bar

I occasionally track my car and was interested in adding some front end grip / giving the car a bit more aggressive look / stance so I got a 1M front end conversion:

(With Alufelgen CSL wheels(sold to a forum member) but with 20MM Spacers)

With almost 80K miles on the car, I decided that suspension overhaul was necessary.

Thanks to Harold@HP Auto I got a great set of Ohlins / 7" Swift Springs in the front:

Also, Offset Motorworks hooked me up with the ///M suspension components I wanted

Thanks to Apex's awesome group buy deal, I picked up a set of 9.5 ET22 EC-7s and 9.5 ET 58 Rears. Got 265/35/18 Michelin PSS to go all the way around.

In the meantime It's still snowing On March 17th in Virginia:

Get the wheels mounted / balanced in early April and DOH - Front wheels rub when I turn the steering wheel

Decided to change to a set of 255/35/18 Fronts and All is well. No rubbing whatsoever.

To be installed in May:
Ohlins, M3 Components, Camber Plates, New Dual Cone Intakes, m3 steering wheel + paddle shifters

Also have to get the car Corner Balanced / Aligned for the track / Detailed.

Review of the wheels and tires:

Adding 255 up front really changes the characteristics of the car. I have a 255F / 265R setup going now. And the car handles very neutral and balanced. The turn in feel / response is incredible. I will report on the changes after suspension / track days.

Future Modifications: After this I really have nothing else planned except doing the Rear 1M conversion and in the long run swapping an s65 engine. I really love this car and have owned it since it had 10 miles in 2009. Every few months I think about other cars I could buy but nothing really gets me excited like driving this car.

Gone but not forgotten: Cayman GT4, M2C, 2011 135i, E83 X3 6MT, 2016 SO M3, 2012 335iS, 2010 135i and 2006 e90 325xi
Appreciate 0