View Single Post
      07-30-2013, 12:21 AM   #114
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
Yeah grab that shit up ASAP. Super cheap.

Btw, I don't think the steering rack will bolt right up. The steering column, power steering pulley and power steering pump at a minimum are different parts. If it works though, be sure to let me know

Edit: Also might want to double check if the front subframe bolts straight up. The 1M uses the 135i front subframe.
i don't really want the M3 front subframe, would sell that on lol.. just it comes in the package, so ehh

same for all 4 shocks+springs.

1M has a different PS pump, but.. the hydraulic lines are all identical.. so i'd assume the 1m pump wasn't revised for any particular reason that would prevent this.. unless it needs stronger hydraulic pressure to overcome the lower lock to lock long term?

E46/E36 M3 steering rack swaps were almost a normal thing to do though, and considering the level of homogeneity between 90% of all other components... it doesn't make much sense for it to simply 'not work' at all?

that'd be something future brendan would worry about though

ED: steering shaft is the same part - http://realoem.com/bmw/partxref.do?part=32306769166

tie rod ends are the same... PS hydraulic lines are the same

so absolute worst case.. you'd need to get a wrecked 1m steering pump. not much of a hassle?

... that does remind me though.. i just found the 130i and 135i power steering pump/line setup is different. good catch lol.. though the rack's are identical.

Last edited by flinchy; 07-30-2013 at 12:29 AM..
Appreciate 0