View Single Post
      08-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
BMWadd1ct
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black N55 135i

*NEW PHOTOS* Touch-Up Paint = I AM A MORON

Okay so I am going to start off with saying I don't deserve to own a BMW after what I did and I probably deserve a punch in the face, so here it goes.

I had a few rock chips on my hood that exposed primer, so I decided to buy JB BMW touch-up paint. So I shake it up and open it and see it's a small brush and instead of stopping and thinking, this is probably gonna come out like shit, I went ahead and began applying to the rock chips. Needles to say, I ended up putting too much and it came out looking like coal shit on my hood. I immediately regretted doing anything as soon as I started, but it was too late. So, I taped around the area and sprayed a 50/50 alcohol/H20 mixture on the area and wet sanded with 1500 grit paper. Then I used a little rubbing compound and followed up with polish and wax. Basically all this did was try to make the area not as obviously fucked up as it really is when you look close.

I would like some suggestions how to proceed. Is it possible to correct the paint without respraying the hood? Basically, I was thinking that I could have a good detailer tape up the area around it, wet sand with a rougher paper and work up to a finer paper to not hit the original paint (as the fucked up area isn't flush with the stock paint around it and is a little elevated), then follow up with polish and wax. I am afraid that I will not even begin to attempt to do this myself, but i think it sounds like a plausible idea to get rid of the excess paint that I added without marring the original paint underneath. Please feel free to call me an idiot a few times and then offer some suggestions

Last edited by BMWadd1ct; 09-25-2012 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 0