Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
I have a question, as silly as it may be. How many LEDs are used in the AEs? Also for the shop, what kind of guarantee will be provided for the workmanship? Anytime you open up a headlight housing like is happening here, you're inviting bad seals and such to leak water into the headlights. So, if I get these lights and then I notice that there is condensation building up inside the lights and/or noticeable amounts of water in them, what is my recourse, and with who?

Regarding the AEs, are the individual blobs of light from each LED as noticeable as they appear to be in some of the pics, or is that because of the camera settings? Finally, and also regarding the AEs, how bright are they in comparison to the headlights, same brightness, brighter, dimmer?
I think these "custom" LED's have many more bulbs (80-120) than the (4) that come with the DEPO stock units. By having the high number of LEDs they do not create a "blob" effect. As seen in the previous pictures that I posted, you can tell that there are (4) LED lights and not a bunch of small ones which contributes to the "blob" effect.

I believe the brightness of the AEs depends on the temp used. Sam has used the same temp for both his HID/AEs thus giving him a similar brightness to that of this headlights from the looks of his pictures.

I would vote in favor of a 6000k brightness (White).

Waiting for more info...
Appreciate 0