07-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #13
Ivan_Sal
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i, 340iX (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stohlen View Post
19s vastly limit your tire size possibilities without fender work... You can go with 285s on 18s, you'd be lucky to get 255 on 19s and that would be with a scary low profile tire.

That would depend on the offset's and width of the wheels. I've seen people run 265s on Alufelgen wheels with no issues, at stock height of course, but who wants to stay there. I plan on getting coilovers when I come home so if I run a wheel that is 1" less, it should minimize any fender work.

I'm already running a 255/35 tire and barely ever rub. You can see my pic and the tires are not extreme.....ie rubber bands

And how many of us really track our car all the time to the point a 1 inch bigger wheel will hinder the car's performance or that will destroy our race/lap times? The car was designed and manufactured with 215/245 Fun Flats.

And it's not like I'm trying to set record times at the 'Ring every weekend. A frew trips every now and then to the 1/4 mile dragstrip is fine for me. A 255/265 tires is plenty tire for a street car I think.
Appreciate 0