View Single Post
      02-27-2013, 01:03 AM   #6
SteveAZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satalite View Post
The car adjusts to the driver's way of driving. If you bought used I would run a quick throttle reset and see if that helps...

1) Push the key in the ignition without foot on break.
2) Press the ignition button to get AUX Power
3) Press and hold the accelerator all the way to the floor for 20-30 seconds
4) Turn off power
Quote:
Originally Posted by avholloway View Post
@Satalite Not that I don't trust you, and actually I drive a manual, so this is purely curiosity asking: How do you know this and do you have a source?
You can find the reset sequence in other posts as well, it's fairly common knowledge.

BMW says lifetime for transmission fluid changes....not buying in to that!

I've personally done the transmission adaptions reset...it works*, but may or may not be the OP's problem.

Having just read up on transmission fluid changes...my car has 30K miles on it and will be doing a fluid change soon. Some have reported that helps and seeing nasty fluid even with that kind of mileage. I'm not doing it because mine is rough, but because of the demands I'm placing on it. Will also be upgrading the transmission software to the Alpina B3 for faster and more robust shifts, but that's a whole different thing.

*During the course of tuning and dialing in my car, I noticed a hesitation when the car shifted in to second, especially when cold. I did the transmission adaption reset and it actually did make a notable difference (I bought mine used as well). However, it was short lived as it wasn't the root cause for my particular case. As the car relearned, it came back a short time later. Ultimately I think it ended up being dirty injectors or crap in the fuel system. I did a couple of iterations of redline injector cleaner and it really made things a lot smoother. However, that said, I have a lot of other variables (as you can see by my sig). So this may or may not help with your situation. Not sure why it initially improved it either...kind of wierd, might of had to do with timing drops and less aggressive shifts during the adaption process...
2013 F10--JB4/BM3
2015 F82--Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP & PI--PS2 Turbos-- JB4/BM3-FBO
Appreciate 1